View previous topic :: View next topic  
Medikk

re: the coolest fucking thing i've seen in a while

http://files.filefront.com/roguemt1shahrazwmv/;10124651;/fileinfo.html
(rogue tanking mother)
the rat

wtf? how? dodge just soo high, cant even be hit with sabre lash?

yeah, there's a druid thread about 100% avoidance (actually I think for boss level mobs it's 103%, but I haven't played in a month let alone theory crafted.)
Kaetzchen
Guild Officer
Forum Master

Actually, I believe that it's just 100% if you maintain a crit-immune state, the extra 2.6% to put it at 102.6% comes due to the boss' increased chance to crit.

And yes, I am toying around with thoughts of making a 100% dodge set for the fun of it tongue out Go go trivializing RoS P1! Not to mention basically every other encounter out there until SP >.>
WedgeAnt

How did he do this? Well he basically stacked loads of agility to max his % dodge.

(Quoted from Worldofraids)
My stats while raid buffed?
76.31% dodge
12.16% parry
14.16% to be missed
1250 agility
900-1000 TPS (Threat Per Second)

Breaking the cap was the easy part. Fitting as much expertise rating as I possibly could (for tps and dps) while staying above the cap was more tricky, and was ultimately the goal of this project. I would have liked to finish off a 19x delicate crimson spinel set to upgrade a few other slots, but this does alright for now.

FAQ:
Q. No heightened senses or enveloping shadows for reducing spell damage on your armory build?
A. I only have 1 talent point to spare for either enveloping shadows, master of subtlety, or heightened senses. I went with increased damage after breaking stealth for the next boss I'm doing (5-man gruul). Otherwise, I rate heightened senses above enveloping shadows.

Q. Buff/Debuff list?
A. Grilled Mudfish, Scroll of Agility V, Elixir of Major Agility, Imp MOTW, Imp GoA, Blessing of Kings, NE Racial (1% dodge), Scorpid Sting, Insect Swarm, 5% base miss for a boss.

www.premogaming.com

wiingman
Guild Member
Forum Troll

I see a problem with him tanking Illidan with these stats. Illidan has some kind of weird hit cap mechanic with his shear ability. His shear can be parried or dodged, but not missed, so I imagine he'd be getting sheared quite a bit during this fight. 1 shear, with a little bit of spell damage = 1 dead rogue.

Still, it's cool as hell that he was able to do this at all, I'm quite impressed.
WedgeAnt

wiingman wrote:
I see a problem with him tanking Illidan with these stats. Illidan has some kind of weird hit cap mechanic with his shear ability. His shear can be parried or dodged, but not missed, so I imagine he'd be getting sheared quite a bit during this fight. 1 shear, with a little bit of spell damage = 1 dead rogue.

Still, it's cool as hell that he was able to do this at all, I'm quite impressed.

2 warriors using intervene would solve this

www.premogaming.com

Hako
Guild Member
Forum Troll

way back in the day's of 40 mans, i tanked quite a lot on my rogue... I took Ony through all of phase 3 once, our tank was....not great and even after vanishing i managed to get aggro back right away so i just tanked the bitch, if i had had CloS it would have been even easier.

One time i tanked the Melee Emperor Twin after the MT died, they Brez'd the tank, buffed him, and i vanished it off to him as the next port happened.

I tanked The Prophet Skeram for nearly 20% of his ending life, um the Anubyss guys before the Emps in AQ40 would frequently Pwn our tank and id have to tank it till it decided to blow up.

Course at that time i was just in raid dps gear, not a decked out dodge set, and we also had a lot less ability to change our gear compared to now so its no surprise to me rogues can do this stuff now.

ahh memories, good times.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Premonition Forum Index -> Off topic All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: