View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dominikk

re: Gather 'round at the Lion's Pride Inn-the story of Zbane!

It was a dark winter's night when I found myself wandering through the Elwynn Forest. It had been many years since I last made the trek through this woodland area looming not far under the gates of Stormwind. As I made this long journey through the forest I saw a sight I had not seen in a dog's age. I spotted the Lion's Pride Inn. Oh. how has it been so long as to not let myself come back to this familiar tavern of old I thought to myself. Many men much better than I have had to much to drink and found themselves having a little fun with the bar maiden if you know what I mean.

I chuckled to myself and kept holding my walking stick. Pulling my cloak around my trudged on through the snow and into the warmth of the Inn. As soon as I entered I heard a "Greetings Traveler!" The Innkeeper looked as old as ever. but he still was a happy one always willing to help the weary traveler. He asked me "Can I take your cloak sir?" I said No it's fine, you look about as gray as I do don't trouble yourself. He grumbled something about not being that old but I just laughed at him and he laughed along.

I went over to the bar and sat down on the same stool I sat many years ago on my last visit to the Inn and told the barkeep to pour me up a good pint of fire water. he gave a laughing snort and handed me a full glass.
As I was sitting there enjoying the drink fill my belly with warmth and odd sized gnome came over and start tugging on my pant leg he said, "Dominikk is that you?" I thought to myself my that voice sounds familiar I wonder who it could be. I looked down at this peculiar gnome and by the light of Elune guess who it was. It was my old adventuring friend Finrell. Man it's been almost 20 years since last I saw him. I bursted out with HOLY LIGHT ITS A MIDGET!? Of course he slapped me in the shin for calling him short, but it was good to see an old friend. I told my friend "lets go have a seat at a table shall we?" of course he abliged and we moved along.

The night was was moving along quite fast with all the drinks we were having and reminiscing about old times when the Innkeeper came over and asked us a question. He said to us "Gentleman, forgive me for I have been eaves dropping for most of the night and the tales you have been telling have been enough to fill a tome with the knowledge you both share" "I wonder if one you would honor the Inn and tell a story to the patrons?"
Well Finrell was shaking his head at me with the "Don't even expect me to do it look" So I told the old Innkeeper that I would tell the tale that I knew best.

He went to the middle of the Inn and raising his voice he told the patrons of the Inn if the wanted a tale of wonderment and a tale they surely would never forget then they would need to make their way and gather round the table to listen to an Old adventurer's tale.

I began my story like I begin all stories...

Gather round and listen closely fellows for this tale will surely shake your soul and by the end of it you will surely know truth.

Many seasons had passed since the last time I had visited the desert wasteland of Tanaris. I had gotten a message from my old buddy Finrell here you see, to come adventure with him in the ancient ruins of Zul'farrak with some crazy noob ass shaman he had picked up on the way. He told me there was no need to fear Dominikk for this shaman was just hear for the sight's of the ruins and he wasn't going to pick up any loot. So I rode took a gryphon on over to Gadgetzan and rode my horse on over to the ruins crossing the desert as fast as I could.

When I arrived I found my old friend and his peculiar looking draenai companion waiting on me. So we got our provisions together and headed inside. At the time I didn't know exactly what I was in for you see since I was new to my warrior training this was the first time I was to enter the ruins and didn't really know what to expect besides a bunch of angry trolls trying to survive as we cut their faces off. After just barely getting inside the little noob goes "I think we need more people to do this guys I don't think we'll be safe with just a mage to protect us" I said to this little noob. "Do you not know who Finrell is!?" and of course when he heard me say that this little gnome yelled at the top of his lungs "I'M THE JUGGAHNAUGHT BITCH!!" Upon hearing this me and the shaman were both shocked cuz we didn't know wtf he was talking about.

We kept making our way through the ruins and this little shaman kept being an annoyance picking up loot whenever he saw them, which was rather annoying, but we let it slide. Moving along farther into our story when we had reached the base of some huge stairway this little noob of a shaman starts babbling some random mess. He goes "Guys hey.. hey guys! Do you know a warlock named_____?" In my olden age I have forgotten the warlock's name forgive me. Of course we told the little noob we had no idea who he was talking about. The little shaman says "Yeh this dude is apparently raiding the Black Temple, he's tempting his fate with Illidan Stormrage you know" We asked the little nub cake, "Shaman, have you ever seen the Black Temple??" The shaman answered with "Um... maybe.." We took this as a blatant no and laughed at him! He said "No!! You have to believe me! I went there with as my Rogue on another world called Trollbane!" Me and Finrell were bother astonished and amused at this little noob's story so I decided I'd test him out.

I says to him "Boy, I have a way to prove if your lieing to me or not so tell me how you spell this rogue's name of yours." He trembled a little bit, finally he said "Zeabane?" the he spelled it out "Z E A B A N E" He mumbled under his breath. "I think that's how you spell it.."

So I bent down and whispered to my little Wolpertinger companion to go and rush to the armory archive and find out everything you can about Trollbane and this mysterious Zeabane" My wolpertinger companion shot out in a blaze of speed. I don't know if you all know this or not, but wolpertingers can move at the speed of light.

My little jack-a-lope friend returned me not a moment later and told me that the only record resembling Zeabane.. was of a Mysterious Prophet named Zbane. He told me that this entity was a miracle worker, but he was also a spiteful Deity that would wreak havoc on his non-believers and punish his most loyal followers if they did not follow his will.

So as you can obviously see once my tinger told me this news and I relayed the news to Finrell we became followers of Zbane!

I stood up in the middle of the inn and at the top of lungs shouted "AND YOU TOO CAN BE FOLLOWERS OF THE MYTHIC ZBANE WHO WATCHES OVER US ALL AND HE WILL LIVE AMONG YOU AS HE LIVES AMONG US NOW!!" at this announcement the inn erupted in cheers and applause and yellings of the name of Zbane!

Remember my children, He is watching you. Make the right decision...

Meril
Casual
Forum Browser

who is zbane
Kurias
Casual
Forum Browser

Sticky!
Quinnie
Guild Master
Likes Creamsicles

Best.... Story... Ever.... stickied of course.

Orblight
Casual
Forum Baby

Much Better on Vent...you get the FULL -awesomeness- for zbane! good read though.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: