Guild Team Lead
Forum Browser

re: WoW Attention whore

Too funny tongue out

Rokudan92
Guild Member
Forum Browser

What in the hell is that thing? Oh wait..an emoticon? Why am I typing as I'm thinking? Have I gone insane?

Rokudan92 wrote:
What in the hell is that thing? Oh wait..an emoticon? Why am I typing as I'm thinking? Have I gone insane?

Have you? Only you can answer that!

Rootcanal
Casual
Forum Troll

Forum Image

Likes Creamsicles

Haha Rooty! Nice =)

Rootcanal
Casual
Forum Troll

Date: Oct 23, 2007 9:52 AM

GAUHATI, India - Six Asiatic wild elephants were electrocuted as they went berserk after drinking rice beer in India's remote northeast, a wildlife official said Tuesday.

The 40-strong herd uprooted an electric pole while looking desperately for food on Friday in Chandan Nukat, a village nearly 240 kilometres west of Shillong, the capital of Meghalaya state, said Sunil Kumar, a state wildlife official.

"There would have been more casualties had the villagers not chased them away," said Dipu Mark, a local conservationist.

The elephants are known to have a taste for rice beer brewed by tribal communities in India's northeast.

Four wild elephants had died similarly in the region three years ago.

Also last week, five rare Asiatic lions were found electrocuted on the edge of western India's Gir National Park. Authorities said the lions were killed by an electrified fence that a villager had put up illegally to protect crops near the sanctuary.

India's northeast accounts for the worlds largest concentration of wild Asiatic elephants with the states of Assam and Meghalaya alone estimated to have 7,000 of them.

"It's great to have such a huge number of elephants, but the increasing man-elephant conflict following the shrinkage in their habitat due to the growing human population is giving us nightmares," said Pradyut Bordoloi, former Assam Forest and Environment Minister.

In Assam state, wild elephants have killed more than 600 people in the past 16 years.

Satellite imagery by the National Remote Sensing Agency shows that as much as 280,000 hectares of thick forests in Assam have been cleared off by human encroachers between 1996 and 2000.

The villagers have been retaliating by poisoning the elephants to death.

They killed 19 wild elephants in 2001 after they had feasted on their standing crops and demolished several homes in Assams Sonitpur district, 180 Kilometers (115 miles) north of Gauhati, the state capital.

Thread derail complete!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: