View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rootcanal
Casual
Forum Troll

re: some hunter questions

Hi! I rolled a hunter hordeside and I have some questions regarding various pets, rotations, abilities, and such. A lot of the information on EJ and other sites is more useful for raiding than leveling and I still have 64 levels before I aimed shot you guys for 35k with 15 tenacity buffs Happy

would any of the hunter core be willing to lend a hand?
thankee

-RC

click click click

Likes Creamsicles

So I'm going to have to get back to you on this. I only have an 80 hunter. I can't answer these questions =/

Quinnie
Guild Master
Likes Creamsicles

Apparently Aredor and Roku fail. Feel free to give them shit.

Aredordh
Guild Team Lead
Awesomest Huntard

level as bm. get a gorilla and grab a bunch of shit all at once and watch it go to town in the higher levels. until you can get like a gorilla from STV just get a cat. Again, leveling as BM is painless, easy, and mindless. No work required.

Forum Troll

Aredordh wrote:
level as bm. get a gorilla and grab a bunch of shit all at once and watch it go to town in the higher levels. until you can get like a gorilla from STV just get a cat. Again, leveling as BM is painless, easy, and mindless. No work required.

come 3.1 all tenacity pets are getting thunderstomp -- I'm thinking a croc for Bad Attitude or a bear for swipe. Granted -- I'd love to see a worm stomp....

It also appears that with the change, thunderstomp isn't going to be available until level 44 rather than the early 30s with current gorillas (and volley at 40)

I'll need to do some more reading -- leveling/gearing isn't an issue because I have a geared 80 ret paladin at my disposal to level this toon. (And yours too!)

Awesomest Huntard

meh... bear would probably work fine. you just want something that's going to have good aoe threat gen so you can just grab a bunch of stuff and continue chaining crap.

Forum Troll

ok thanks Happy

Forum Browser

re: Re: some hunter questions

Rootcanal wrote:
Hi! I rolled a hunter hordeside and I have some questions regarding various pets, rotations, abilities, and such. A lot of the information on EJ and other sites is more useful for raiding than leveling and I still have 64 levels before I aimed shot you guys for 35k with 15 tenacity buffs Happy

would any of the hunter core be willing to lend a hand?
thankee

-RC

click click click

Well, let's see. You specifically said some questions, of which I see none. What pets? Rotations for what spec? What about certain abilities?

Also, it took me a few reads to notice you wanted leveling info not raiding and I thought you needed pvp advice which is not something I do often.

For leveling, I never used a gorilla as I never really had problems with aoe. You kill single targets quicker, just hit your arcane shot and such. Ignore Hunter's Mark and Serpent Sting unless it's an elite mob you're soloing, nothing will last long enough for those two to have an affect.

I don't think you should be aoe'ing packs. You're questing, not grinding exp. Just get the kills you need quickly, keep your pet on passive so when you pull more than one, it'll switch targets instead of coming back to you.

Don't forget to reactivate aspects when you res, always use cheetah when you're traveling.

EDIT: Oh yeah, BM is the leveling spec as Aredor said, try following raiding spec trees and such, lots of talents you dont use as a raider, you also don't really use while leveling.

re: Re: some hunter questions

Rokudan92 wrote:

Well, let's see. You specifically said some questions, of which I see none. What pets? Rotations for what spec? What about certain abilities?

Also, it took me a few reads to notice you wanted leveling info not raiding and I thought you needed pvp advice which is not something I do often.

For leveling, I never used a gorilla as I never really had problems with aoe. You kill single targets quicker, just hit your arcane shot and such. Ignore Hunter's Mark and Serpent Sting unless it's an elite mob you're soloing, nothing will last long enough for those two to have an affect.

I don't think you should be aoe'ing packs. You're questing, not grinding exp. Just get the kills you need quickly, keep your pet on passive so when you pull more than one, it'll switch targets instead of coming back to you.

Don't forget to reactivate aspects when you res, always use cheetah when you're traveling.

EDIT: Oh yeah, BM is the leveling spec as Aredor said, try following raiding spec trees and such, lots of talents you dont use as a raider, you also don't really use while leveling.

Well, sir, Rotations and specs and such are generally covered by EJ and other sites so those were covered. For me it's a matter of understanding the mechanics behind pet management and such. (as a lock I either was demo/sac or deep affliction, neither of which is pet intensive. And I hated Demonology)

For instance, macro usage and keybind recommendations would be great when dealing with pets springs to mind. Having not raided as a hunter, I wouldn't be aware of certain tricks of the trade in pet management that are used in order to maximize DPS in a raid setting, which would probably be quite similar in a instance/soloing setting.

I apologize if the opening post lacked clarity. Part of asking good questions involves having enough information in order to have a query.

thanks
-RC

Awesomest Huntard

really isn't any more hunter macros with the exception of maybe a mis-direct macro and a killshot macro that's part of maybe a steadyshot macro. Not much else.... Seriously.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: