Likes Creamsicles

re: App: Petals

The application submitted by Petals is as follows:

Quote:
What is your main character name?:
Petals

What class are you?:
Priest

What spec are you? What talent spread are you and why did you choose your particular talents? What glyphs are you using? Do you have gear for offspec talent builds? What is your offspec talent spread?:
Holy Raiding Spec: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bVcbzhZcxtcc0qihVIst
Talent Spread: In Disc I went for meditation and Inner Focus because they are mandatory for any talent spread. I chose Twin Disciplines for two reasons: 1- It's a decent boost to my instant heals and 2- It's much better than the alternative. Second tier Disc talents I chose improved inner fire because it makes my inner fire buff add about 170ish spell power instead of 120. I chose Imp: Fort buff because there is no reason not to be a buffing asset to the raid. I then went for the third tier talents of Inner Focus and meditation for the obvious boost to regen that they give.
In Holy I focused on choosing talents that buffed my spell power as much as possible, talents that give fantastic procs, and talents that can help give my wealth of healing spells a bit more punch. Surge of Light is a cheap talent that I feel is another mandatory choice. On a typical raid night I get 150-200+ procs and I love every one of them.
I know that on the PTR that things can easily change, but this is the build I am contemplating for 3.1:
http://ptr.wowhead.com/?talent=bVcbuZcxtcc0qihVIst
I feel that putting 3 points into ToF is a better use of points than in putting them into BR. However, if theorycrafting/actual usage shows BR to be a better choice then I will look into switching them out.

Glyphs:
COH: Increasing the number of targets from 5 to 6 is simply pure win.
Renew: I will especially love this choice with the upcoming Renew changes.
Flash Heal: With the CoH changes (no, I didn't QQ my eyes out) I have found this spell to be a good choice a lot of the time. Especially with my SoL procs!!

Offspec: I love collecting gear, not for the sake of AMG EPIX, but more for the sheer joy I get from tweaking my raid set. I enjoy being able to switch out a few pieces and get high crit or haste depending on a fight's needs.
I used to raid as both shadow and holy, but thus far in LK I have only been Holy. Whenever I get a chance, I pick up a dps piece. My +hit is lacking quite a bit at the moment, but I hope to remedy that in the future. After spending a fortune (12k by my estimates) in the past year and a half respeccing between shadow-holy-disc, I am really looking forward to nabbing a dual spec.
It's been awhile since I seriously looked into shadow but here is the spec I usually pick when I change to dps for farming/5 mans with friends:
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bVcbzhZZGsfVofzciqfzAo
I am always happy for feedback from someone more knowledgable.

What race are you?:
Night Elf

Name your alts 60+. If you're transferring and are bringing your alts give us their names/server.:
For now I won't be transfering any alts. I'd rather focus on Petals and raiding first. Down the line I will probably transfer my mage and druid alts.

Are you applying to be a Raiding member or to be a Casual (Non-raiding) member?:
Raiding

Link your armory.:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Thunderhorn&n=Petals

What bosses in WOTLK do you have experience with? Specify 10 man/25 man or both. Do you have experience with 6 mins Malygos and 3 drake Sartharion? How much of TBC content did you clear pre-3.0 patch? What's your favorite boss encounter and why?:
10 Man Content: All of Naxx, Malygos, and Non Drake OS. (I have spent almost no time doing 10 man content due to a lack of a dedicated (non Alt Prom) group.
25 Man Content: Naxx - All. Malygos - Done him but my guild has not tried 6 min attempts yet. OS +3 - Done.
TBC: I cleared all of MH/BT. We were working on SWP just before the patch and had some excrutiating 1% wipes. After the laugh that was 3.0 we blew through the place with a couple nights of 30% KJ attempts.
Favorite Encounter: As a healer probably 4 horses. It's just plain fun. A close second is Ras if I have a competent priest backing me up. My guild has no shadow priests so we have to use 2 Holy priests. Since I am the only one with non-Holy experience I have been the designated "MT" in the encounter since we started in Naxx. I love the opportunity to become a tank without having to reroll. ;)

List your guild history. Please explain why you are leaving and/or no longer with previous guilds. Have you apped to any other guilds in the past 30 days?:
urrent Guild: Twilight Alliance. I've been in here since 2005, raided with them since early June 2008.
Reasons for leaving: It is more casual minded than I prefer. I'd really like to push in content and succeed. I like a lot of my guildmates, some of whom are RL friends of mine. But with Ulduar coming up, I'd like to take the opportunity to branch out. I am becoming more and more frustrated with players who die to void fissures and lava tsunamis week after week.... and nothing gets said to them... or fellow priests who have one spell on their action bar: prayer of healing.

I have no problems waiting my turn for loot, especially rewards like the Twilight Drake. However, my current guild just lets it go for /rand 100. And of course the first one went to an app who was a sub-par paly and had raided with us about 40% of the time... An app who hasn't played in the past 2 weeks because his game time ran out and he is trying to find a pre-paid card that is only $14 instead of $15. The second drake went to a long time raider who has only put in 20% of raid time since LK. I like her but she didn't spend 500 gold in repairs in wiping night after night on the encounter. *eye twitches*

Do you have any WWS or WMO parses of your performances in raids? If so, link a few here.:
Here is a recent Maly/OS night: http://wowwebstats.com/nhy216ilna4xc (I do show one death from a void fissure that resulted from me moving to avoid a tsunami, and smack dab into the fissure. UGH.)
Here is a recent Naxx 25 night for achievements: http://wowwebstats.com/tizp4gkyntn21
Here is my last raid night doing Naxx25: http://wowwebstats.com/aofywey3bdp53
I think this one really showcases my abilities since I was the MC tank for Widow, and again for Ras.

What professions/levels do you have? Why did you choose these professions?:
450 Enchanting and 450 Tailoring. (For what it's worth I also have 450 cooking with 160 recipes *flexes cake mixing bowl fingers* and 450 First Aid (bandages are elite).)

Enchanting: Two Words: Ring Enchants. (Also, I love being able to enchant my own gear, provide my own mats, etc.)
Tailoring: It was a "must have" prof in BC and I've carried it over into Wrath. Right now I am contemplating switching this for JC but haven't made up my mind entirely yet. The super cheap leg enchants are nice, and I like the cloak embroidery as well. I'm currently trying to boost my +haste and so I switched out darkglow embroidery for +23 haste.

Premonition raids Sunday-Thursday 7:30pm(invites)-11:30pm PST (server time). What is your daily playtime? What timezone are you in? Are you able to raid at least 4 nights a week?:
I am in CST and these playtimes are awesome for me. I am free most nights except that Wednesdays I consistently have a group of RL friends that meet for dinner and movies. Once Lost's season is over with I will consistently be home around 9:15-9:30ish CST. Currently I get home around 10 pm CST. Sunday/Monday/Tuesday/Thursday - 95% yes with the rare RL plans that come up.

Tell us about yourself. You can say anything here!:
I'm 30 and live with a pet bunny of supreme cuteness and awesomeness. I have a boyfriend who plays on a different server than me and has a hunter. Our relationship has much improved since I stopped playing my hunter and I no longer had to compare myself to his insanely good skill at producing dps and living to tell about it.
I run a family business with my mom and as such I work about 6 days a week. It's pretty fun to work for myself, but the current economy does make me @_@ eyes every now and again.
I love reading and writing and playing video games. FF10 is probably my most favorite game of all time. (I may have shed a tear or two at the ending.)

Why do you want to join Premonition?:
I was intrigued by your professional post in the Alliance LF guild forum. Your raiding times fit in pretty perfectly with when I am available. I feel that you guys have raised the bar in terms of progression and that I can really rev up my healing game to a higher level. I'd love to be working on the cutting edge of content again instead of being months behind and simply reading the 1-2-3 boss strats posted.

What is your main goal in WoW? What do you want out of the game?:
I like seeing the content and being the best I can be on my priest. I'd like to feel like I am an asset to the raid and that I truly am helping to make the raid and guild a success.

What is the most noob thing you've ever done in WoW? Tell the truth! :
Oh my god... fine... So.... my first character that I made was a hunter and she was a night elf. When I hit 60 I was very happy and my rl friends were much lower than me, only in their 20s, and they were very excited for me. There was much rejoicing in my head as I flew from EPL to Menethil Harbor, and waited impatiently for the boat. From the boat I trotted down the docks to the flight master and eagerly accepted the path towards Darnassus. One of my RL friends who had made a dwarf hunter because he saw how much fun I had, sent me a tell and the following conversation occurred:
sig: woot! grats on 60!
me: yay ty!!
sig: where are ya going?
me: Darnassus! Last time baby! I'm SO sick of flying back to this podunk town! It's such a waste of time.
sig: .... Why aren't you training in IF?
me: what?

If there is anything else you'd like to tell us about yourself or your skill that the application didn't cover do it here.:
I'd just like to thank you for the opportunity to apply. I know that you aren't recruiting Holy Priests at the moment, but I appreciate your time and consideration in reviewing my application anyways.
Please feel free to ask me for anymore information that I may have missed, or that you may be curious by. I tried to be thorough!

Pie > Cake?:
False

Aredordh
Guild Team Lead
Awesomest Huntard

re: DECLINED - App: Petals - by Quinnie

thanks for posting. we will get back with you soon.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum