Likes Creamsicles

re: App: Shidan

The application submitted by Shidan is as follows:

Quote:
What is your main character name?:
Shidan

What class are you?:
Priest

What spec are you? What talent spread are you and why did you choose your particular talents? What glyphs are you using? Do you have gear for offspec talent builds? What is your offspec talent spread?:
14/0/57 - Standard shadow priest build. My glyphs are Mind Flay, Shadow Word: Pain, and Shadow.

I also have a T7 healing gear set in my bank just in case. I had raided as both a 57/14 Disc and 14/57 holy priest prior to my switch to shadow.

What race are you?:
Draenei

Name your alts 60+. If you're transferring and are bringing your alts give us their names/server.:
Shiri (Sargeras) - Don't play her anymore. She's naked as a baby.

Are you applying to be a Raiding member or to be a Casual (Non-raiding) member?:
Raider

Link your armory.:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Windrunner&n=Shidan

What bosses in WOTLK do you have experience with? Specify 10 man/25 man or both. Do you have experience with 6 mins Malygos and 3 drake Sartharion? How much of TBC content did you clear pre-3.0 patch? What's your favorite boss encounter and why?:
Naxx 10 - Clear.
Naxx 25 - Clear. Many immortal runs but no luck so far.
Malygos 10 - Clear.
Malygos 25 - Clear. A few attempts at 6-minutes but unsuccessful so far.
Sartharion 10 - Clear with 1 drake.
Sartharion 25 - Clear with 2 drakes. Many attempts at Sarth 3D but unsuccessful so far.

Since I do not have any BC experience, my favorite boss encounter would be Sartharion with 3 drakes. It's the hardest encounter in the game right now and requires gear, coordination, teamwork, and skill to pull off. Sadly, my current guild doesn't want to do this anymore so I am still without the title but even then I still enjoy attempts at Sarth 3D.

My actual favorite BOSS is Whitemane from SM. Why? Because she has nice legs.

List your guild history. Please explain why you are leaving and/or no longer with previous guilds. Have you apped to any other guilds in the past 30 days?:
Nova (Sargeras, BETA - October 2006)
Nova is a gaming clan that plays many MMOs. We started in Planetside and then moved on to the WoW beta to release. We were a hardcore PVP oriented guild. As our core members got to level 60, we started doing Molten Core. We never had much success as raiding was a new concept at the time and most of us would raid in PVP and green +STA gear. We raided approximately 4 days a week but because we lacked numbers, we would PUG in people to fill the other slots and it was pretty chaotic. I played a restoration druid so you can imagine what my UI must have looked like in the early days of raid healing.

Around September 2006, I started a new job with my current company and I was unable to consistently make raid times. I called it quits in October 2006 to focus on my career and take a break of hardcore gaming.

Asylum (Windrunner, December 2008 - February 2009)
I started playing WoW again in October 2008 because of the hype surrounding the new expansion. Rather than continue on my druid, I rerolled on the Windrunner server with my current character. I wanted to experience endgame content again so I made a priest under the assumption that healers would be in high demand. I also had experience healing as a druid so the transition would be relatively painless.

At level 80, I joined Asylum, a fairly casual raiding guild. I didn't know how much time I wanted to spend in the game again so I got picked up by these guys who had seen me heal in heroic PUGs and thought I was pretty good. We raided three days a week, Tuesday to Thursday from 7:00pm to 10:00pm server time.

We progressed well in 10-man content but did not have the numbers to do 25-man stuff yet. As a result, we would PUG 25-man runs with limited success. It was during this time that I switched permanently to shadow spec because we had no shadow priests in the guild so I volunteered. I had been raiding as both a 14/57/0 holy priest and also as a 57/14/0 discipline priest up to this point. I had very little DPS or +hit gear so I ended up buying about 6000 gold worth of gems, enchants, glyphs, and gear off the auction house to make the switch. I researched shadow priests on various WoW websites like elitistjerks.com, shadowpriest.com, and plusheal.com to make sure I could pull my own weight.

Nevertheless, recruitment was at a standstill and I could not stomach any more PUGs. The guild was not progressing at the rate I expected so I made the decision to leave. I spoke with one of the officers about leaving the guild and we parted ways. I still keep in touch with many people from Asylum because I had a very good experience there.

Pandemonium (Windrunner, February 2009)

Pandemonium was looking for ranged DPS so I applied. Now I had heard about this guild on the Windrunner realm forums for having a somewhat poor reputation but I figured it was just forum trolling. I joined Pandemonium in early February. We raided 5 days a week, Sunday to Thursday from 6:00pm to 10:00pm server time.

The guild was full of excellent players who knew how to play their class. I was one of three shadow priests in the guild. Naxx runs were complete face rolls. Fast trash clearing, minimal loot downtime, and the high skill level of everyone involved made raiding fairly enjoyable.

I left because of a few high-drama incidents that took place when we were trying to down Sarth 3D for the first time. I won't go into details here but feel free to PM or whisper me in game.

Highly Offensive (Windrunner, February 2009 - Present)

Highly Offensive was looking for caster DPS on the forums so I applied. I joined a few weeks ago. We raid 5 days a week, Sunday to Thursday from 6:00pm to 10:00pm server time.

The skill level in HO was also very good. While not quite as efficient as Pandemonium in clearing current endgame content, this was a guild that had already downed Sarth 3D twice so they clearly knew what they were doing. I am still in HO as of March 2009. I am considering leaving for private reasons so again, feel free to contact me for details.

Do you have any WWS or WMO parses of your performances in raids? If so, link a few here.:
No but I have a video:

http://files.filefront.com/1280avi/;13401731;/fileinfo.html

What professions/levels do you have? Why did you choose these professions?:
450 Alchemy (elixir master)
430 Jewelcrafting
450 Cooking
450 Fishing
440 First aid

I originally had herbalism to help my alchemy but I wanted to really max out my character so I dumped it for jewelcrafting. I power leveled JC only recently so I don't have enough Dalaran tokens for all the good stuff yet. Eventually, I plan to acquire all the relevant gem recipes for my class. The prismatic gems will help boost my character beyond what a simple gathering profession can do despite the high cost.

I chose alchemy because I wanted to make my own flasks and potions. I actually did the stupid elixir quest where you had to farm Black Morass for drops. Yuck.

Premonition raids Sunday-Thursday 7:30pm(invites)-11:30pm PST (server time). What is your daily playtime? What timezone are you in? Are you able to raid at least 4 nights a week?:
I can guarantee almost 100% raid attendance. Part of the problem I have with my current guild is the early raid start time.

I live in central time so I am 2 hours ahead of the server time. I don't get off work until 2 hours before the raids start and it takes me an hour to drive home. As a single guy living in my own home, I must then cook my dinner, shower, and do chores as fast as I can to make raid times.

With a 7:30 server time start, I will have little trouble making all raids unless I'm working very late which is once in a blue moon.

Tell us about yourself. You can say anything here!:
My name is Dan. I am 28 years old and I live in Houston, TX. I am a working professional who works as an engineer Monday to Friday from 9:00am to 6:00pm CST.

I enjoy other games besides WoW. I mostly play Steam's FPS games like Day of Defeat and Left 4 Dead. On my XBOX360, I usually just play Rock Band.

I play the piano and bass guitar. Do not ask for videos. Please. Don't. I am terrible in front of a camera.

I also play competitive paintball on Sunday afternoons.

Why do you want to join Premonition?:
I saw the recruitment thread on the WoW realm forums. I want to experience endgame content with high level players, not drama queens and lazy asses. I don't want drama or anything like that.

Ulduar looks really cool and I am really looking forward to it. Server firsts are something I really want to strive for.

What is your main goal in WoW? What do you want out of the game?:
My main goal is of course to have fun. I want to focus on progression with like-minded individuals who are truly dedicated to the task at hand.

What is the most noob thing you've ever done in WoW? Tell the truth! :
I was flying on my mount from Grizzly Hills to Borean Tundra so I figured I'd just fly in a straight line. I alt-tabbed out the game for a few minutes to read my e-mail and when I alt-tabbed back I was dead. I had completely forgotten about the fatigue debuff when you go too far away from the mainland. My corpse was so far away I ended up ressing at the spirit healer. Sad but true.

If there is anything else you'd like to tell us about yourself or your skill that the application didn't cover do it here.:
I hold myself to a very high standard and I take great pride in my character.

I took the time read other apps on your website to see what both good and bad applications looked like. From what I gather, Premonition is a serious raiding guild that does not tolerate failure. That is exactly the kind of mindset I am looking for.

I drink flasks and potions like candy. Anything I can do to up my DPS to speed up the raid I will do. I drop fish feasts every hour to make sure we have maximum raid DPS. I am online 30 minutes in advance of raid times and already heading to the meeting stone. I am not the one straggler dicking around in Dalaran begging for a summon.

I have extensive experience healing as either holy or discipline as well. I keep a T7 healing gear set in my bank just in case.

That being said, I'm pretty laid back and I like to socialize. I'll BS over ventrilo when it is appropriate and I help out others where I can. Once it's raid time however, I don't mess around. I bring my best every single night and I expect others to do the same.

I filled out my app on the other Premonition website as well:

http://premonitionwow.com/site/index.php/forum?task=viewtopic&id=22

I cannot access the guild launch based site at work because of filters but I can access the new site.

Pie > Cake?:
True

wiingman
Guild Member
Forum Troll

re: APPROVED - App: Shidan - by Quinnie

ZOMG...Houston! Where?

Likes Creamsicles

Hi Shidan. Thanks for your application. I posted a response on our new forums over at premontionwow.com =) Hope to hear from you soon.

Kayria
Guild Member
Forum Baby

wiingman wrote:
ZOMG...Houston! Where?

yay rock band, lets meet up and have a party IMO
Shidan
Recruit
Forum Baby

I'm not exactly inside the Houston city limits. I live in Richmond, sandwiched between Katy and Sugarland.

Thanks for the reply, I'll try to contact you in game.
Shidan
Recruit
Forum Baby

Many thanks for letting me listen in on yall's vent tonight. It was actually quite enjoyable. Happy

I look forward to hearing from you again, thanks!
Quinnie
Guild Master
Likes Creamsicles

Talk to me tomorrow when I don't have a raid. Hopefully Tiki will be able to spend some time with us too. Thanks.

Shidan
Recruit
Forum Baby

Thanks for inviting me to the raid on Sunday. Sorry I couldn't stick around to chit chat but it was pretty late. >_>
Quinnie
Guild Master
Likes Creamsicles

Yeah, no problem. We'll talk tomorrow!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Premonition Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum