Likes Creamsicles

re: App: Zanalla

The application submitted by Zanalla is as follows:

Quote:
What is your main character name?:
Sabal

What class are you?:
Death Knight

What spec are you? What talent spread are you and why did you choose your particular talents? What glyphs are you using? Do you have gear for offspec talent builds? What is your offspec talent spread?:
I use the 17/0/54 UH build. All points are placed to maximize DPS. There is no points in desecration since there are very few static fights and is not worth specking into it. I have UH aura for the raid buff which allows for a speed increase and frees up boot enchantments for something more useful. I'm specked into wandering plague, and EB. Glyphs are SS, Ghoul, IT, Raise Dead, HoW, and Pestilence. I've played a tank before and know how to tank. I'm currently gearing for tanking (thanks to the two spec add on 3.1). I will be running the standard tanking build that is set from EJ's theory craft page and tankspot.com.

What race are you?:
Human

Name your alts 60+. If you're transferring and are bringing your alts give us their names/server.:
Rinox, Noxitha, Fisstra all these are on Caelestrasz. Zanalla Mal'Ganis

Are you applying to be a Raiding member or to be a Casual (Non-raiding) member?:
Raid member

Link your armory.:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Caelestrasz&n=Sabal

What bosses in WOTLK do you have experience with? Specify 10 man/25 man or both. Do you have experience with 6 mins Malygos and 3 drake Sartharion? How much of TBC content did you clear pre-3.0 patch? What's your favorite boss encounter and why?:
I have cleared all raid content but 10 man Malygos. I fully understand all there mechanics. I raided Naxx before BC came out as a holy priest. I have been an active raider since the game came out. I raided all BC content. For Malygos I am the one in my guild that stacks the sparks on the raid. It is my job to ping the map to inform the tank where they are coming from and to chain them when they are dead center on the platform. I death grip them after a vortex if there is any chance Mal might get one in the bum hole, or if there is plenty of time before a vortex to get the stack on the ground faster. My guild has done Sarth +1 but fully understand what is needed to do +3. Best boss encounter is a hard one but I'm going old school here and have to say C'Thun pre BC of course. C'Thun was a whole new type of boss fight from anything that came before. You had to deal with the eye stocks, ground eruption, the 180 glare that was an idiot check unless you got tossed into it from a ground eruption and you still would never live it down. What made it unique from the rest was being swallowed and having to kill the testicles in the stomach to make him killable.

List your guild history. Please explain why you are leaving and/or no longer with previous guilds. Have you apped to any other guilds in the past 30 days?:
Stared Sabal in SOS on the same server but was unable to get a DK raid slot so I left from Martix which is where I currently am at however the guild has all the standard signs and symptoms of a guild that is ready to go under, and there is the issues where 1/2 the guild members don't know the fights and have to be spoon fed the strats and members that don't know there class. I have not applied to any guild in the last 30 days.

Do you have any WWS or WMO parses of your performances in raids? If so, link a few here.:
I don't have any parses to link. All I can say is that I'm top DPS in my guild and I place staying alive above risking getting killed to do the little extra damage (like hunters shooting at sap instead of standing behind the block before breath hits.

What professions/levels do you have? Why did you choose these professions?:
Between all my toons listed besides zanalla, I have almost everything covered. On Sabal I have JC to get the +27 str gems and BS to get the extra sockets on my gear. Basicly I choose my professions to max my toon performance, and if later on that add something to a different profession that will give me a greater advantade then I would change at the drop of a dime.

Premonition raids Sunday-Thursday 7:30pm(invites)-11:30pm PST (server time). What is your daily playtime? What timezone are you in? Are you able to raid at least 4 nights a week?:
I'm in central time. I can make all raid times and have a 99% raid attendance. I'm on an oceanic realm right now and get up at 0230 to raid to 0600 (this is a bit rough).

Tell us about yourself. You can say anything here!:
Well I work in medical in real life as a nurse. I save people in the day and kill pixels in the evening.

Why do you want to join Premonition?:
Your guild is a dedicated raid guild and that is what I'm looking for. I don't like to guild hop and want a guild where things get done and you can hang out with like minded people and have fun at the same time.

What is your main goal in WoW? What do you want out of the game?:
It is my goal to be the best at my class, progress in the content, and have fun.

What is the most noob thing you've ever done in WoW? Tell the truth! :
I dropped windwall totems when it should have been windfury and did it for a while before I realized what was going on since I had the wrong one in my scrip.

If there is anything else you'd like to tell us about yourself or your skill that the application didn't cover do it here.:
I spend a lot of time on Elitist Jerks site working on theory craft and testing everything I can to get the most out of my speck.

Pie > Cake?:
True

Quinnie
Guild Master
Likes Creamsicles

re: APPROVED - App: Zanalla - by Quinnie

Hello Sabal, nice application and thanks for applying. Gear looks pretty good but I'm curious as to the +8 stats on your chest. Also, if you could run a combatlog and submit it to WWS and get us a parse that would be great.

Zanalla
Recruit
Forum Baby

The chest was ment to be replaced by now with frozen pain but it will not drop, and I've been holding off from upgrading the enchant. As soon as I upgrade it you know it will drop for sure. I can go beat on a target dummy if you want and post recount info, but that will skew the results to a lower figure.
Aredordh
Guild Team Lead
Awesomest Huntard

Hi sabal I'm the physical dps team lead. I spoke with you earlier today on my alt for a brief sec. ( yes I was on my warlock alt that you sent a tell lawl)

Anyhow, your app looks decent but I would definately like to see a wws or combat log of some sort. Even if it's of a pug run (5man/10man/25man- doesn't matter).

Based on your gear levels and enchants it's safe to assume you know how to socket gems and gear, but I want to see something that gives a clear indication that you also know how to press buttons in a meaningful rotation. It's easy to say somebody is top dps. It's entirely different to actually prove it.

If you could atleast get us a combat log or wws log or meter log of some sort so we have something to look at that would be greatly appreciated.

Again, thanks for understanding.

Likes Creamsicles

Any parses are helpful. You can type /combatlog when you begin and then look in your world of warcraft folder under logs and submit those to WWS also. It gives us a good idea of your rotation and DPS uptime and what you're doing. WWS accounts are free and the data goes away after 15 days.

Zanalla
Recruit
Forum Baby

No problem. I use the normal setup of PS before IT so that IT gets rivendare buff. After that its the old BS, BS, SS, UB, DC for the setup. Then I go to priority system of SS when able, rune bump at 80% RP, followed by blood rune conversion to death runes to get out more SS's until the diseases drop from no procs from the SS glyph. Gargoyle goes up early to get it off again. I put it up at 80-90% RP. This allows me to maintain a high RP if I need to UB or if I get distanced from the boss and need a buffer to keep it up till I can engage again (grob comes to mind of a boss that like to inject you right after you bring out gargoyle). I'll go find something to beat on for now to get some info for you.
Zanalla
Recruit
Forum Baby

http://wowwebstats.com/3ek4nn6rzzkfw?a=x2ed895a
This is from a boss target dummy. I had a ghoul out but it didn't record any info from it for some reason. This is an unbuffed report, also my recount listed this fight at 3228 dps combined with ghoul and gargoyle. My Rawr profile for an unbuffed boss encounter listed my possible dps at 2907.10 for an unbuffed boss encounter with just HoW. I had a few misses that didn't help since my hit cap is based on being group with a Draenei for the 1% buff.
Aredordh
Guild Team Lead
Awesomest Huntard

I'd like to go ahead and set up a vent interview wednesday at 6:30pm pst (server time). please let us know if you can make it and if not what time would work better for you and we'll go from there if necessary.

otherwise I look forward to speaking with you tomorrow.

Forum Baby

I'll be there.
Zanalla
Recruit
Forum Baby

Currently online on your server on Zanalla. I just need the vent info for the interview.
Aredordh
Guild Team Lead
Awesomest Huntard

accepted. let us know when you are transfered over. welcome!! =)

Forum Baby

I've made the transfer. The new name is Saball.
Aredordh
Guild Team Lead
Awesomest Huntard

welcome. soon as either kaetzchen or quinnie are on we'll get you invited

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum