Likes Creamsicles

re: App: fenrilwow

The application submitted by fenrilwow is as follows:

Quote:
What is your main character name?:
Bettis

What class are you?:
Death Knight

What spec are you? What talent spread are you and why did you choose your particular talents? What spec will you want to play in WotLK?:
Currently a dual wield spec, going back and forth between having frost strike and not having it, trying to figure out which is better for me. Before raiding as DW spec I was blood and to freshen up my Unholy I like to spec Unholy for 10 mans.

I pride myself on playing multiple specs and being good at all specs. I have mostly epic tanking loot but have not focused on it as much. My current guild uses the same loot system and I think I have every plate dps piece possible from Naxx, just no trinkets qq.

When I played a paladin I would tank trash in hyjal as prot, spec holy for Archimonde, and then go ret for most of Black Temple, typically in one night. So I know its typical when someone says they will play any spec but in this case its very true.

What race are you?:
Human

Name your alts on Windrunner and their levels. (If you're transferring and are bringing your alts give us their names/server as well):
no more alts for me

Are you applying to be a Raiding member or to be a Casual (Non-raiding) member?:
Raider

Link your armory.:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shadowsong&n=Bettis

What bosses in WOTLK do you have experience with? 10 man or 25 man or both? How much of Sunwell Plateau did you clear pre-3.0 patch? What's your favorite boss encounter and why?:
Have cleared all Wrath content except for 3d.

In Sunwell I killed Kalecgos and Brutallus but stopped there while my guild killed everything but KJ pre-3.0.

I liked Kalecgos the most of any boss so far, I was 2nd in command of a guild that me and another guy pugged kara to killing Illidan, then my GM took off after a couple failed nights on Kalecgos and the guild split in half, I reformed the guild and had Kalecgos down within a couple weeks.

Were you MH/BT attuned pre-patch?:
Yes

List your guild history and why you left any previous guilds.:
Annuit Coeptis - gm went to another guild with some others and times would not work for me so reformed into Madness.

Madness - I was the first GM for Madness but realized after about 2 months I no longer liked being a GM and most of my officers did not come through for me so took some time off

Encore - formed this guild with some friends from Madness on the first day Wrath came out, could not stand the leadership that took over after I left for a break with Madness, I was slated as 2nd in command of this guild but was mostly run by a dating couple, so I kinda stopped trying after awhile(leadership speaking) and just went with the flow. I no longer feel the guild is wanting to progress as hard as I would like and I would like a change.

I know 3 guilds seem like a lot but it is all on the same server and mostly with the same core, AC to Madness was mostly the same people, Madness to Encore was mostly the people I liked in Madness.

Do you have any WWS of your performances in raids? If so, link one or two here.:
http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/log/393102 - no 3% damage buff or ret paladin

http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/log/381943

We stopped using WWS awhile back, would have some issues with some things not being added into the logs

What professions/levels do you have? (if there is a specialization please tell us your spec too):
currently have BS/Alchemy, would like to drop Alchemy for JC if you have a way of making speed potions for guild

Premonition raids Sunday-Thursday 7:30pm(invites)-11:30pm PST (server time). What is your daily playtime? What timezone are you in? Are you able to raid at least 4 nights a week?:
Same time we raid now, I am CST, I have missed very few raids in my life and have hardly ever been late.

Tell us about yourself. :
26, always been a gamer, I play warhammer online with a co-worker on the side, got a xbox360 and ps3, big sports fan as well NFL > UFC > College Football > Baseball.

Why do you want to join Premonition?:
Want to be in a guild that cares about pushing progression. Want to be with people who are always looking to maximize there potential in this game. (NO Strength card qq I know)

What is your main goal in WoW? What do you want out of the game?:
I want to kill content before it gets nerfed. Want to be a top dps in the world. I miss being able to stand around in Ironforge in full tier 5 or full tier 6 before some random casual guild had the same gear as me because of nerfed content.

What is the most noob thing you've ever done in WoW? Tell the truth! :
I prided myself on never dying on Archimonde as a paladin, I would typically put myself in a group without a shaman(I was too pro for a tremor totem) and typically some bad players(hunters ) and always called people out for dying and let people know that I never died while killing him for 4 months with . So I decide to go ret for a change on the fight with and I cratered and died in a fire in our first two attempts.

If there is anything else you'd like to tell us about yourself or your skill that the application didn't cover do it here.:
I come fully buffed every raid, if it is farmed I try to treat it no different than new content. Endless Rage and Strength food are mandatory for me every raid, and try my best for speed pots on fights. I was an officer for far too long and would like to be able to just raid and not have to worry about how many people are online or what others are doing wrong. I have not had a lot of fun this expansion due to our server being locked and hardly filling raids or using friends to fill raids. I told my guild I was gonna go casual and not raid but dying to be with a guild that actually cares.

Aredordh
Guild Team Lead
Awesomest Huntard

re: DECLINED - App: fenrilwow - by Quinnie

thx for posting an app. please allow us the opportunity to review your app and we will get in touch.

btw, you should gem and chant your legs.

oops I dont use those just got them, typically have on my tier 7.5, should be updated soon.
Pouncival

I'm looking at the report you linked, and in some fights your Frost Strike damage is less than your disease DoTs. That indicated it's not working well for your spec (not likely) or you're not using it properly/enough and wasting RP on the fights where it is so low (more likely).

The whole point of the 44/27 build is getting Frost Strike so you can use it as your primary RP attack. Not utilizing it as much as you can is really wasting all those extra frost points.

I'm poking around your armory and see currently you are a variant of the 32/39 spec. You seem to have passed up Night of the Dead, which really will limit the effectiveness of your pet ghoul. No Crypt Fever, either. That does count as a third disease for your Blood Strike and Blood Caked Strikes (provided you're not fighting with another Unholy Death Knight for the debuff slot). You also have 5/5 Desecration. An optional talent that is, overall, situational at best. Only about half the fights available right now allow you to be stationary enough to use it. If you want to use it, might I suggest 3/5 and putting those points into something else. You also passed up Unholy Aura, quite possibly the best talent in the tree or even our best talent, period. As a DPS you really have no excuse to skip it. Tanks, maybe. DPS? Nope.

All that aside, are you dead set on playing a Dual Wield spec? Since each Tree available to the Death Knight brings a different buff, we really strive to avoid redundancy within a single class. Currently, our Dual Wield DPS spec for Death Knight is...somewhat occupied. Would you be willing to spec something else? Willing and happy sticking with it? We don't want you playing a spec you don't like.
fenrilwow

re: re:

Never could get the hang of the frost strike always felt I was wasting my rp.

As far as not getting unholy aura and cypt fever was, I ran with an Unholy DK and never had to worry about it, I also agree 3/5 desecration and 2/2 night of the dead works better since the last patch. As far as dual wield goes I always liked the F/F over the S/F. I try to keep up to date on death knight ej, deathknight.info, plaguechill.net.

As far as another spec goes, I was blood spec for a long time and would prefer that, unholy is another option but not my 1st choice. I can do the blood rotations in my sleep, with consuming diseases or not. Since the last past I would probably go for 51/0/20 (2/2 blood aura and have done and will spec Mark of Blood). Unholy works also since I have 4/4 tier 7.5 and the sigil from naxx. I respec quite a bit depending on what is needed, 36 and counting.
Aredordh
Guild Team Lead
Awesomest Huntard

Hi bettis, I'd like to chat with you on vent this Thursday at 7pm server. Does that work ok for you?

re: re:

7:00 pst might be a little early for me, reason I raid late is because of my job, I could be on around 8:00 on Thursday if that works?
Aredordh
Guild Team Lead
Awesomest Huntard

gives us a half our to 45 min. that's fine.

Awesomest Huntard

bleh... just realized I made an oops. yay for thinking 8pm mountain time . this will be during raid but that's ok.

Awesomest Huntard

Thanks for your patience. At this time, however, we are going to decline your application. If you have any questions please look me up in game.

Thanks for considering Premonition as your guild of choice,

Aredor

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum