Likes Creamsicles

re: App: Apokalupis

The application submitted by Apokalupis is as follows:

Quote:
What is your main character name?:
Apokalupis

What class are you?:
Death Knight

What spec are you? What talent spread are you and why did you choose your particular talents? What spec will you want to play in WotLK?:
Currently a Unholy build. 16/0/55
I chose this talent build after leveling Blood from 58-80, and found a major increase in DPS, so stuck with it ever since.

What race are you?:
Gnome

Name your alts on Windrunner and their levels. (If you're transferring and are bringing your alts give us their names/server as well):
Transferring, One alt on Khaz Modan (Xandune)

Are you applying to be a Raiding member or to be a Casual (Non-raiding) member?:
Raiding Member.

Link your armory.:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Khaz+Modan&n=Apokalupis

What bosses in WOTLK do you have experience with? 10 man or 25 man or both? How much of Sunwell Plateau did you clear pre-3.0 patch? What's your favorite boss encounter and why?:
All bosses I've had experienced with in WOTLK, 10 and 25 man.
Sunwell pre-3.0 patch, 1/6 .
Favorite Boss encounter: Hmm, Probably Illidan.. just loved fighting him. And watching that loser go down. =D

Were you MH/BT attuned pre-patch?:
Yes

List your guild history and why you left any previous guilds.:
Prestige: Left due to schedule.
(current guild). Ex Cin Cineris: leaving due to schedule conflicts.

Do you have any WWS of your performances in raids? If so, link one or two here.:
Not any recent, or any that i know of.
Been a few weeks since I have raided. =/

What professions/levels do you have? (if there is a specialization please tell us your spec too):
Herbalism 450
Inscription 412

Premonition raids Sunday-Thursday 7:30pm(invites)-11:30pm PST (server time). What is your daily playtime? What timezone are you in? Are you able to raid at least 4 nights a week?:
My daily playtime is when I'm not in class. I play in Central Standard Time, And can make all the raids. Except Tuesday,(have a pledge meeting for my Frat at 9).
And yes I will be able to make at least 4 nights a week.

Tell us about yourself. :
Well just a little about myself, My name is Andrew. I'm a 18 year old Freshman and the University of Memphis, I'm a very hard work and determined individual. But also laid back, if you can incorporate those three. =P

Why do you want to join Premonition?:
Seems like a great guild, with a strong set of motivated people.
Love the raid times, which I can't ever find. >.<

What is your main goal in WoW? What do you want out of the game?:
Main goal.. to get the phat lewts?!?! Does that count? Lol, nah i'm kidding. My main goal is to further progress into the end game raiding with a great group of people that i can get along with and have fun.

What is the most noob thing you've ever done in WoW? Tell the truth! :
Haha, most noob thing. Well the first thing that comes to mind is recently.
During Kel'Thuzzad I wasn't paying attention some some odd reason and died to a shadow fissure or something.. Ok so i get Battle Rezzed.. and next thing ya know.. I death Drop KT. >.< and get one shotted basically. I heard about that for quite some time, oh still am. haha.

If there is anything else you'd like to tell us about yourself or your skill that the application didn't cover do it here.:
Nope, but thank you for looking over my application,
And i look forward to hearing from ya'll.

Kayria
Guild Member
Forum Baby

re: DECLINED - App: Apokalupis - by Quinnie

oh snap

are you bringing pali too ?
Aredordh
Guild Team Lead
Awesomest Huntard

thx for posting your app apok. please allow us the opportunity to review your app and we will be in touch.

errr, on the Noob Story..
I meant to type "Death Grip".. no idea what i typed.
Pouncival

Your spec is missing some key points that really define a deep Unholy Build. First off, No Wandering Plague? You have high crit, and Wandering Plague is great for AoE as well as single targets (it can hit the original target, in case you did not know). You're nerfing your DPS by not taking it, and you dont even have to do anything special to utilize it--the best kind of talent.

Also, no Unholy Aura? For shame. It is one of the, if not the best talent in the Unholy Tree and arguably one of the best talents we have available to us. Only tanks are really excused from getting it (and even then, it's still up for debate) because they have other priorities. If you're going to be Unholy DPS, there is no excuse to not have it. Even if you have multiple Unholy Knights you raid with (also a bad idea because Ebon Plague wont stack and someone will get screwed), you should each get it. Redundancy is not always good, but in this case it is excellent.

Also, your decision to max out Outbreak (or even put points into it) makes me cringe. 45% on Plague Strike? It's so weak it would need something like 300% damage to make that talent useful. Also, think about how often you Plague Strike in a rotation. Once every 17-18 seconds since you have Virulence. The Blood Boil aspect is okay, but even then 3 points for it is too big of a sink.

It looks like I'll have to just type out my Desecration speech so I can copy/paste it. Desecration is a powerful talent, but it costs a lot of points and is situational. If the Desecration effect followed you around (like Unholy Blight) it would be killer. Also, I revisit the Plague Strike issue. Once every 17-18 seconds in a rotation. That means you're losing 5-6 seconds of uptime (assuming perfect GCD maintenance) every rotation. It is not a totally useless talent, but you can get away just fine with 3/5 or by skipping Virulence so you Plague Strike more for 100% uptime. (though that will heavily modify your rotation).

If you think I'm misinterpreting anything, say so. But right now it looks like your current talent set up is pulling down your overall DPS.
sohl
Guild Member
Forum Baby

wws parses are really helpful and they make pounce happy
Apokalupis

sohl wrote:
wws parses are really helpful and they make pounce happy

Sorry. =/
No WWS are around of me raiding, due to my schedule and whatnot.
I can try to schedule a 10man Naxx/EE/OS, If you would like but i can't promise anything in that matter.
Quinnie
Guild Master
Likes Creamsicles

Yeah, a WWS of a 10 man would be great even. With transfers, it's much nicer to be able to review your performance with data. Thanks.

Apokalupis

Pouncival wrote:
Your spec is missing some key points that really define a deep Unholy Build. First off, No Wandering Plague? You have high crit, and Wandering Plague is great for AoE as well as single targets (it can hit the original target, in case you did not know). You're nerfing your DPS by not taking it, and you dont even have to do anything special to utilize it--the best kind of talent.

Also, no Unholy Aura? For shame. It is one of the, if not the best talent in the Unholy Tree and arguably one of the best talents we have available to us. Only tanks are really excused from getting it (and even then, it's still up for debate) because they have other priorities. If you're going to be Unholy DPS, there is no excuse to not have it. Even if you have multiple Unholy Knights you raid with (also a bad idea because Ebon Plague wont stack and someone will get screwed), you should each get it. Redundancy is not always good, but in this case it is excellent.

Also, your decision to max out Outbreak (or even put points into it) makes me cringe. 45% on Plague Strike? It's so weak it would need something like 300% damage to make that talent useful. Also, think about how often you Plague Strike in a rotation. Once every 17-18 seconds since you have Virulence. The Blood Boil aspect is okay, but even then 3 points for it is too big of a sink.

It looks like I'll have to just type out my Desecration speech so I can copy/paste it. Desecration is a powerful talent, but it costs a lot of points and is situational. If the Desecration effect followed you around (like Unholy Blight) it would be killer. Also, I revisit the Plague Strike issue. Once every 17-18 seconds in a rotation. That means you're losing 5-6 seconds of uptime (assuming perfect GCD maintenance) every rotation. It is not a totally useless talent, but you can get away just fine with 3/5 or by skipping Virulence so you Plague Strike more for 100% uptime. (though that will heavily modify your rotation).

If you think I'm misinterpreting anything, say so. But right now it looks like your current talent set up is pulling down your overall DPS.

And to your input, I greatly appreciate it. I've honestly never had anyone criticize my spec and make any sense to it. Even though i honestly don't understand the Unholy Aura, seems pointless and just wasted two talent points.
And as far as Unholy Blight goes, I'm spec'd into it, yet i never find myself using it that often. >.<

Btw, I can respec anyway that is necessary to you guys, Or what you would think my dps output would be more from.
Just let me know.
And thanks for the input so far.
Apokalupis

Alright Quinnie.
I'll try my best to get into one, after class tonight or tomorrow.
But I'll have to see, hence why I said I can't promise anything. >.<
Quinnie
Guild Master
Likes Creamsicles

I completely understand, even if you can provide data from a 5 man - granted you won't have buffs that in a raid setting you normally would but we can see your rotation at least. Would much more prefer a 10 man or higher though =)

Apokalupis

Hey Pounc.
I made a spec on MMO's talent builder and want you to take a took at it.
I took what you said into my spec while i was making it.
Just tell me what you think, need to change, better. etc.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deathknight=2303020500000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000230230305003115003140223133150&glyph=000000000000
Apokalupis

Apokalupis wrote:
Hey Pounc.
I made a spec on MMO's talent builder and want you to take a took at it.
I took what you said into my spec while i was making it.
Just tell me what you think, need to change, better. etc.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deathknight=2303020500000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000230230305003115003140223133150&glyph=000000000000

Err, Updated with Glyphs.
Those are subject to change. (Not sure if those are the ones i\I'm even using)
http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deathknight=2303020500000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000230230305003115003140223133150&glyph=210913040506
Aredordh
Guild Team Lead
Awesomest Huntard

Hi Apok, I'd like to set up a vent interview with you on friday night at 7pm server. Are you able to make that?

That should be fine.
If anything comes up, Would you like me to log onto Windrunner and let you or another officer know?
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Premonition Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum