View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Hako
Guild Member
Forum Troll

re: DECLINED - App: Arissii - by Quinnie

Fura wrote:
Necrosis affects your auto-attacks only. Runic Strike makes your next auto-attack swing deal 150% dmg and extra threat. Runic Strike is off the GCD. With a slow enough weapon and enough mitigation you are not going to have many regular-auto attacks because Runic Strike will be available for every swing. My point is that 5 talent points is a heavy price for auto-attacks considering you're not going to see that many to begin with if you're an unholy tank and you're sinking most of your rune power into Runic Strikes.

Necrosis works on Rune Strikes, btw.

Wandering plague won't affect targets that have sheep, blind, sap, hex or any form of CC on them. It's in the description of the talent. As for where to put the talent points, I'd put them in Wandering plague and max Morbidity. The floater can go anywhere you want. I wouldn't put it on Gargoyle since that thing only shines when you have a lot of runic power to pump into it to increase its duration and as a tank you're not going to have that much since you're spending it in Unholy Blight and Runic Strikes.

F
Arissii

Fura wrote:
Wandering plague won't affect targets that have sheep, blind, sap, hex or any form of CC on them. It's in the description of the talent. As for where to put the talent points, I'd put them in Wandering plague and max Morbidity. The floater can go anywhere you want. I wouldn't put it on Gargoyle since that thing only shines when you have a lot of runic power to pump into it to increase its duration and as a tank you're not going to have that much since you're spending it in Unholy Blight and Runic Strikes.

F

You are correct that it will not hit things that are CC (I have read the talent :P ). My concern, as I have seen it happen. That CC breaks early and while the group is working to get the mob CC'd again wandering plague tags it as the CC hits. The specific instance I witnessed was a mage re-applying a sheep and wandering plague hit at the same time effectively breaking the sheep. I was not the tank at the time just DPS and both the tank and the mage agreed that's what happened so take it with a grain of salt I guess. I am not against the idea at all, but the concept of an AOE that I can't control worries me as a tank. Sounds like I need to play around with it a little more.

As unholy my RP generation is pretty good, I have never had an issue having a gargoyle up and still using runic strike. On a single target pull I would much rather have the option of the garg plus runic strike than UB and runic strike. Its an option I like to have and like I said before, that one point really only costs me one point from morbidity. But I thank you for the advice and I will take it into consideration.
Fura
Guild Member
Forum Baby

So that totally caught me by surprise. I've been going by what EJ has been posting in their Unholy tanking thread and I had yet to see anything about necrosis working on rune strikes. It does, although the wording of the talents makes it pretty misleading. My bad.

Considering how much you runstrike the talent might be totally worth it. I don't know, I've never used it before in naxx and I can't testify for it. I can say though that i runestrike like there is no tomorrow and anything that buffs its damage by 20% seems pretty cool to me.

F
Hako
Guild Member
Forum Troll

the EJ DK threads are pretty full of crap and lame at the moment.

Hako wrote:
the EJ DK threads are pretty full of crap and lame at the moment.

They typically are, honestly. You have to scroll through 100s of useless posts to find one that is really beneficial haha

EJ =/= WoW bible

whostoleDezz
Guild Team Lead
Forum Browser

Arissii wrote:
Fura wrote:

F

You are correct that it will not hit things that are CC (I have read the talent :P ). My concern, as I have seen it happen. That CC breaks early and while the group is working to get the mob CC'd again wandering plague tags it as the CC hits. The specific instance I witnessed was a mage re-applying a sheep and wandering plague hit at the same time effectively breaking the sheep. I was not the tank at the time just DPS and both the tank and the mage agreed that's what happened so take it with a grain of salt I guess. I am not against the idea at all, but the concept of an AOE that I can't control worries me as a tank. Sounds like I need to play around with it a little more.

As unholy my RP generation is pretty good, I have never had an issue having a gargoyle up and still using runic strike. On a single target pull I would much rather have the option of the garg plus runic strike than UB and runic strike. Its an option I like to have and like I said before, that one point really only costs me one point from morbidity. But I thank you for the advice and I will take it into consideration.

wait a second here....YOU USED CC IN WOTLK?
Quinnie
Guild Master
Likes Creamsicles

whostoleDezz wrote:
Arissii wrote:
Fura wrote:

F

I gotta admit, I was thinking the same thing :P Maybe in a 5 min it could be necessary but in raids - I just can't imagine it hehe

Raindolf
Casual
Forum Troll

I will be in the game around 6 server time which is PST So If you want to jump on vent then it would be great...

Arissii

Quinnie wrote:
whostoleDezz wrote:
Arissii wrote:
Fura wrote:

F

I gotta admit, I was thinking the same thing :P Maybe in a 5 min it could be necessary but in raids - I just can't imagine it hehe

It was a heroic, and honestly the mage was doing so poorly on DPS I think the tank was just trying to make him feel useful.
Arissii

Raindolf wrote:
I will be in the game around 6 server time which is PST So If you want to jump on vent then it would be great...

I am not sure I can be on that early since I get off of work at 5:30 and bay area traffic can be tricky around that time. I suspect allowing for queue time I should be online around 6:30-7.
CauthonWasTaken
Guild Member
Kitteh

Go go bay area traffic! Ahh, 101.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for letting me sit in vent and listen to your raid last night. Grats to those that got achievements/loot. If you have any other questions for me or would like me to talk to anyone else please just let me know.
Hako
Guild Member
Forum Troll

heres what i reccommend should you ever be asked to tank as unholy

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=j0vZhxbzZbgMIh0oxxmockut

Arissii wrote:
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for letting me sit in vent and listen to your raid last night. Grats to those that got achievements/loot. If you have any other questions for me or would like me to talk to anyone else please just let me know.

We'll be talking to you in a day or two. Thanks again for listening in =)

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Premonition Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum