Likes Creamsicles

re: App: Andrade

The application submitted by Andrade is as follows:

Quote:
What is your main character name?:
Andrade

What class are you?:
Priest

What spec are you? What talent spread are you and why did you choose your particular talents? What glyphs are you using? Do you have gear for offspec talent builds? What is your offspec talent spread?:
Shadow Priest yo! 14-0-57 Baby. I chose this talent spread to optimize my performance as a player, DPS'er, and for the hell of it. I am currently glyphed with shadow, SW: P, and SW: Death as major glyphs because they grant bonus to my damage which in case optimize my DPS. I have minor glyphs in fortitude, levitate, and shadowfiend. Why? Because I love to fly/float for free, everyone loves free stamina, and my shadowfiend gives me free mana.

I currently hold some gear for disc off-spec. I don't really have a talent build set yet. I've been waiting for the patch so I can dual spec. Hella.

What race are you?:
Dwarf

Name your alts 60+. If you're transferring and are bringing your alts give us their names/server.:
None. I focus only on my shadow priest for progression.

Are you applying to be a Raiding member or to be a Casual (Non-raiding) member?:
Raiding member please.

Link your armory.:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Windrunner&n=Andrade

What bosses in WOTLK do you have experience with? Specify 10 man/25 man or both. Do you have experience with 6 mins Malygos and 3 drake Sartharion? How much of TBC content did you clear pre-3.0 patch? What's your favorite boss encounter and why?:
I have experience with all WotLK content (Maly 10/25, Sarth 3D 10 (not cleared)/25 (was late to raid for credit), and Naxx 10/25. I have experience with six min Maly (three seconds off achievement) and Sarth 3D (stated before).

TBC prior to 3.0 I got as far as BT, but not all the way to Illidan. This lack of experience is due to school and work pre 3.0. Current patch, I've cleared most of TBC content for shits and giggles.

List your guild history. Please explain why you are leaving and/or no longer with previous guilds. Have you apped to any other guilds in the past 30 days?:
(Windrunner) Elite Panda Doom Squad - I used to be in Premonition as a Casual because one of your main tanks at the time, Disastrous, is my best friend IRL. At that time, Quinnie and Kokes were the primary S.Priest in the guild and I saw no future in content progression for myself in the guild. But, as of now, EPDS had decided to quit raiding for reasons unknown to me. With Ulduar close to release, I really would like to continue my WoW experience with a high end, committed guild like Premonition.

Do you have any WWS or WMO parses of your performances in raids? If so, link a few here.:
None that I know off. I'm sorry.

Ummm. /dance

What professions/levels do you have? Why did you choose these professions?:
Tailoring (430)
Enchanting (415)

I started off with some crap professions. When I started my S.Priest I didn't really understand the game. But, as I progressed through it, I learned how to be proficient in my class with my current professions.

Premonition raids Sunday-Thursday 7:30pm(invites)-11:30pm PST (server time). What is your daily playtime? What timezone are you in? Are you able to raid at least 4 nights a week?:
I have class through 1:15PM CST. I usually log into WoW at 4:30 CST and play the game until I think I've had enough. I currently am in the Central Standard Timezone. I am more than free to raid four night a week.

Tell us about yourself. You can say anything here!:
My real name is Spenser Andrade. I am currently enrolled at Pensacola Junior College and have a semester until I'm done with my General AA. I work as a soccer referee from Friday-Sunday making money to support my habits. I party like a regular college kid should, work on my tan at the beach, work out, go to shows, drink, sleep, eat. You name it, I probably do it. You only live once!

Why do you want to join Premonition?:
I want to join Premonition to continue my WoW career. Premonition is one of the top three guilds on the Windrunner realm. It would mean a lot to mean if I could be a part of it and to help all of you progress to the fullest extent.

What is your main goal in WoW? What do you want out of the game?:
It kills free time that I have to spare and provides a hella experience. Honestly. There is no game like WoW on the market today. It's provides a challenging experience, amusement, and it's worth drinking a beer to.

What is the most noob thing you've ever done in WoW? Tell the truth! :
Hmmmmmm. Good question! I think it was when I ran Stockades for the first time. When everyone was rolling on greens as Greed, I would Need everything because I was like "HAHA! I'm going to win them no matter what!", not knowing that I was actually being unfair. NEWB! FAIL Andrade.

If there is anything else you'd like to tell us about yourself or your skill that the application didn't cover do it here.:
I'm good friend with Wiingman and I would enjoy being in the same guild with him again. He's the main reason why I left Premonition in the first place because he told me of an opening in EPDS. Here he is again telling me of an opening. He really cares about me I think! Haha.

Pie > Cake?:
True

Quinnie
Guild Master
Likes Creamsicles

re: DECLINED - App: Andrade - by Quinnie

Hey Andrade Happy Got a few questions for you. First, why would you use Glyph of Shadow Word: Death when Glyph of Mind Flay is the accepted 3rd glyph typically since SW: Death isn't really used in most DPS rotations currently?

Being that raiding members will require having a second spec that's viable for PvE please provide a link to what talents you would take as disc.

You're also slightly under hit cap. Do you have additional hit gear you wear for certain fights?

Tiki, our magic DPS lead will be get with you to setup a time to talk on vent. Sorry I missed your questions earlier tonight. I replied to you but I am betting you didn't see my replies because you logged off shortly after I sent them. Feel free to catch me on vent or in the game on Quinnie or my shaman again Happy

Also, here's a WMO of EPDS back from 2-10-09.

http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/log/422337

Shidan
Recruit
Forum Baby

Why do you have 3 points in Shadow Affinity? Do you play with horrible tanks?

Only 1 point in Improved Shadowform? This talent is good enough to put 2 points into it. There WILL be AOE damage when raiding and losing cast time from damage pushback will hurt your DPS.

On the WMO report, why did you take a Potion of Speed? I'd like to hear your argument as to why you feel the haste bonus is better than the spellpower and crit bonus from a Wild magic potion.
Andrade

Quinnie wrote:
Hey Andrade Happy Got a few questions for you. First, why would you use Glyph of Shadow Word: Death when Glyph of Mind Flay is the accepted 3rd glyph typically since SW: Death isn't really used in most DPS rotations currently?

Being that raiding members will require having a second spec that's viable for PvE please provide a link to what talents you would take as disc.

You're also slightly under hit cap. Do you have additional hit gear you wear for certain fights?

Tiki, our magic DPS lead will be get with you to setup a time to talk on vent. Sorry I missed your questions earlier tonight. I replied to you but I am betting you didn't see my replies because you logged off shortly after I sent them. Feel free to catch me on vent or in the game on Quinnie or my shaman again Happy

Also, here's a WMO of EPDS back from 2-10-09.

http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/log/422337

It's actually funny that you ask about my third glyph choice. As of lately I've been reading forums dedicated to shadow priest about maximizing my DPS. It became habit to cast SW: D when say MB was on GCD or a dot didn't need to be refreshed. So, I thought the 10% more damage at 35% HP targets would be a boost to my DPS. Lately though, after some testing, I've found that there's really no difference. MF does lack range without the glyph. Like for Heigan dancing and Maly P2, the extra range has been killing me and have decided it's best to change my glyph.

My planned Disc. talent build with the upcoming patch.
http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?priest=&version=9704
NOTE: I have no experience with healing, but am willing to learn!

I usually have no problem with my current hit when I have a draenei in my group (lowers the hitcap to 262, instead of 289). I have also been waiting for some gear to drop (ex. Cincture of Polarity! I wish it would drop!). Also, I don't mind sacrificing +46SP buff food for some +40 hit food if I can't get a draenei in my group.

I will get in touch ASAP! :D
Andrade

Shidan wrote:

Only 1 point in Improved Shadowform? This talent is good enough to put 2 points into it. There WILL be AOE damage when raiding and losing cast time from damage pushback will hurt your DPS.

On the WMO report, why did you take a Potion of Speed? I'd like to hear your argument as to why you feel the haste bonus is better than the spellpower and crit bonus from a Wild magic potion.

You make it sounds like it's a bad thing mannn. Haha. I don't play with bad tanks. I just enjoy producing 25% less threat. Less to worry about taking aggro away from any tank and saves a Salv for someone who really needs it.

Improved Shadowform is poop to me. One point is enough to make me smile.

I have no "argument" to why it's better. But, if you want to know why I used it, I did because it was free. My old GM would randomly hand out speed potions. What? Free beer? Om-nom-nom-nom-nom.
Andrade

UPDATE: So my disc. spec link didn't work.

I would most like to emulate this current spec:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Windrunner&n=Lw
whostoleDezz
Guild Team Lead
Forum Browser

Andrade wrote:

I have no "argument" to why it's better. But, if you want to know why I used it, I did because it was free. My old GM would randomly hand out speed potions. What? Free beer? Om-nom-nom-nom-nom.

So what your saying is you don't come prepared to raids with your own consumables?
Shidan
Recruit
Forum Baby

Andrade wrote:
Shidan wrote:

You make it sounds like it's a bad thing mannn. Haha. I don't play with bad tanks. I just enjoy producing 25% less threat. Less to worry about taking aggro away from any tank and saves a Salv for someone who really needs it.

When tanks are producing sick threat like the tanks in Premonition, spending points in any threat reducing talent is a waste. Dump those points into Veiled Shadows and Improved Shadowform.

Speaking of Improved Shadowform, how do you DPS during Malygos P2 when you're taking damage from deep breath? Your mindflay is going to be pushed back without this important talent. Ulduar will have bosses that do tons of AOE and you WILL get hit so anything that reduces pushback is a huge plus.

Your response to not being hit-capped is poor. Waiting for gear to drop? You need to be hit capped for raids, PERIOD. I can understand holding out on a +10 stats to chest or +63 spellpower to weapon because they are very expensive. But gems are cheap and an easy way to hit the 263 cap until you get the pieces you want. Why not spend the bit of gold to pick up a +hit gem to ensure all your spells land?
Andrade

whostoleDezz wrote:
Andrade wrote:

So what your saying is you don't come prepared to raids with your own consumables?

No. If you read it. I said I got a free speed potion. Nom-nom-nom-nom.
Andrade

Shidan wrote:
Andrade wrote:
Shidan wrote:

When tanks are producing sick threat like the tanks in Premonition, spending points in any threat reducing talent is a waste. Dump those points into Veiled Shadows and Improved Shadowform.

Speaking of Improved Shadowform, how do you DPS during Malygos P2 when you're taking damage from deep breath? Your mindflay is going to be pushed back without this important talent. Ulduar will have bosses that do tons of AOE and you WILL get hit so anything that reduces pushback is a huge plus.

Your response to not being hit-capped is poor. Waiting for gear to drop? You need to be hit capped for raids, PERIOD. I can understand holding out on a +10 stats to chest or +63 spellpower to weapon because they are very expensive. But gems are cheap and an easy way to hit the 263 cap until you get the pieces you want. Why not spend the bit of gold to pick up a +hit gem to ensure all your spells land?

Well. I'm happy to know that Premonition has sick tanks so I don't have to worry about my threat. I do a respec if accepted. Thanks for the tip.

I've never had any problems in Maly P2 and no one has ever complained or questioned my DPS during the entire fight (or any other fight).
Tikitikitiki
Guild Team Lead
Forum Troll

At this time we are full on raiding shadow priests. Quinnie and I talked about it and we will make an exception and let you come on as a casual if you'd like.

Tikitikitiki wrote:
At this time we are full on raiding shadow priests. Quinnie and I talked about it and we will make an exception and let you come on as a casual if you'd like.

As much as I was hoping for a raiding position, but given my current given my current guild situation, I will gladly accept.
Tikitikitiki
Guild Team Lead
Forum Troll

Sounds good, just whisper Quinnie, Aredor, Kaetzchen, or me for a guild invite.

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum