Likes Creamsicles

re: App: Indoh

The application submitted by Indoh is as follows:

Quote:
What is your main character name?:
Indo

What class are you?:
Death Knight

What spec are you? What talent spread are you and why did you choose your particular talents? What spec will you want to play in WotLK?:
I've been running 0/32/39 Dual wield spec because it offers far better dps output than anything else currently available. The rotation is quick and easy but also requires a bit of micro-managing midfight which I enjoy.

What race are you?:
Human

Name your alts on Windrunner and their levels. (If you're transferring and are bringing your alts give us their names/server as well):
Transferring, no alts

Are you applying to be a Raiding member or to be a Casual (Non-raiding) member?:
Raiding member

Link your armory.:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Arygos&n=Indo

What bosses in WOTLK do you have experience with? 10 man or 25 man or both? How much of Sunwell Plateau did you clear pre-3.0 patch? What's your favorite boss encounter and why?:
I have currently cleared everything available and I've gotten the majority of the more difficult achievements except for Undying and Immortal. I've done Sarth+3d on 10 man and 25 man multiple times. During BC and Sunwell I was playing a Hunter and I was not in a hardcore raiding guild. I did Kalecgos and Brutallus with a semi-PuG on my old server. Hmm, my favorite boss encounter would probably be C'Thun. To this day it seems like the most challenging fight this game has ever had to offer (minus maybe Muru, but i never did Muru), forcing everyone in your raid group to perform their job flawlessly. It took us a long time to down it but the sense of accomplishment was well worth it.

Were you MH/BT attuned pre-patch?:
No

List your guild history and why you left any previous guilds.:
My most recent guild is Cry Havoc on Arygos, and I believe my armory still has them listed as it hasn't updated. I left because before I joined them I told them I wanted a pretty consistent raid spot and I wanted to feel like I belonged to a team rather than just a filler for somebody else. Being sat twice in my first two weeks didn't leave a very good taste in my mouth, and the general attitude amongst the officers was like they really didn't care.

Before them, was Members Only on Arygos. I left Members Only after 5 months or so for a wide variety of reasons. One of those reasons being I really felt like I wasn't connecting with any one of them. I would go to raids and joke around then the raid was over and I felt like I never talked to anyone again until the next raid schedule, it was kind of awkward. One of the other reasons, and this is the main one, is I felt like they weren't really going anywhere. The attitude seemed to be that if we cleared the bosses, even if it took us 10 wipes, then that was good enough. They never really tried for any of the achievements and they continually brought sub-par players into the raids because they didn't have the heart to tell the people they were baddies. So many weeks on Razuvious wipes because of the horrible priests.

Do you have any WWS of your performances in raids? If so, link one or two here.:
http://wowwebstats.com/3m535nigft5fg (this weeks patchwerk was all f'd up) normally my dps is better through most of those fights but our overall raid DPS was very slow that week.

This is a WoWMeterOnline from my most recent Sarth+3d on 10 man:
http://www.wowmeteronline.com/rank/clazz/dps/dkt/6/0/1 (#1 dps DK in the world for that encounter)

What professions/levels do you have? (if there is a specialization please tell us your spec too):
I'm currently a 450Jewelcrafter/Miner. I plan to drop Mining and pick up Blacksmithing after I go out and farm up enough ores to power level it.

Premonition raids Sunday-Thursday 7:30pm(invites)-11:30pm PST (server time). What is your daily playtime? What timezone are you in? Are you able to raid at least 4 nights a week?:
I currently reside in Florida, EST. I'm normally online quite a bit and I won't have any trouble making your raid times. In fact I'll probably maintain a 100% attendance rating.

Tell us about yourself. :
I'm a 23 year old male, I live in sunny south Florida and work for my family's photography company. My work hours are very erratic and sometimes I'll only be at work for 3 hours a day, so you'll me on and offline all the time. I just got engaged last month (uh..yay? ) and plan to be getting married sometime this summer. Hmm what else.. when i was 6 years old i crashed my bike and broke 4 bones in 2 arms and the greatest part about that was I was riding my bike on grass, and the thing I crashed into was an air conditioner.

Why do you want to join Premonition?:
I want to work with a group of players who take this as seriously as I do. I'm at the point of this game now where I just absolutely cannot stand to play with people who aren't dedicated to making the most out of their character. When I play I take the gaming pretty seriously because that's how I get the most enjoyment out of it. I'm the same way in real life, its either balls to the wall or nothing at all.

What is your main goal in WoW? What do you want out of the game?:
I want to get Gladiator and I want to be in a raiding guild that strives to be the best they possibly can. I've been a Gladiator for 3 out of 4 seasons, and I'm planning to make this #4, so I'll be looking for a pretty dedicated 2v2 partner on Windrunner *wink wink*

What is the most noob thing you've ever done in WoW? Tell the truth! :
Erm, this was my first real MMO so my first couple of weeks on the game were some of the most embarassing moments. /yelling How do I talk in general? My first ever character was a gnome mage and I died so many damn times before I got disgusted.. then i played a warrior and realized there was a trainer who taught you new skills every few levels... (im not the kind to read quest text at all)

If there is anything else you'd like to tell us about yourself or your skill that the application didn't cover do it here.:
One thing I want to stress adamantly is that If I do transfer I want a pretty dedicated raid spot. I understand the need to mix and match raid setups to maximize efficiency for certain encounters, but I've been led on by so many guilds recently who seem to be willing to say anything to get me on their roster. I don't want you to force fed me a line of bull, I'd rather be told exactly what I can expect to find once I'm wearing your guild tag. The reason I left Cry Havoc (my most previous guild) is because I stressed that if I joined them, I was looking for a reliable raiding spot and they reinsured me time and time again that it wasn't anything for me to worry about, that I would have my place and yada yada.. well that turned out not to be so true in my very first week and I told them exactly where to stick it.

Pouncival

re: DECLINED - App: Indoh - by Quinnie

Copying this part from the other thread:

What are you going to do when Patch 3.1 comes around? You won't have access to your Gargoyle and with the "shuffling" of the Frost Tree Blizzard is promising us, you may lose access to Killing Machine and/or Howling Blast.

Do you have a contingency plan?

And Adding This:

As a recruit, it is quite possible that you will be sitting some nights. This is even more likely on nights where we try to earn achievements (such as Undermanned Kills or Technically Difficult ones like The Immortal) where members are usually given priorities. We currently have two Death Knights on our raiding roster: Myself, with almost 100% attendance (might even be 100%, not really sure), and Obake, who shows up every night except one, which is regular for him.

I also currently play the 32/39 spec (on nights where I don't adjust my talent points based on our needs--don't judge my spec by my Armory), and one thing we have covered in the past is spec redundancy. The officers have never forced us to spec one way or another, there was a time when myself and one other raiding member, who has since retired, were both Unholy. That was fine, as we're generally encouraged to play the spec you want (have fun, it's a game, right?), but since each Spec for us provides different buffs, someone may be sat if they are the same class spec in favor of someone who can bring more utility.

We have more than 25 raiding members, and pretty much every night we've got more than 25 people ready to go. Long story short, everyone can't raid all of the time.
Indoh

I think it kind of all depends on how exactly they shuffle the frost tree, but if they do indeed move Killing Machine and Howling Blast lower in the tree then I'm betting that a 2 hand Unholy build will likely become the dominant spec. 2h Unholy isnt that far behind dual wield right now (given proper itemization) and if the new gargoyle promises to be beastly, then, yeah.. i'll most likely be going 2H Unholy (17/0/54 or something of the sort).

On the other point though, do you consistently have people who are sitting out for raids? If it comes down to who you are choosing to sit, how do you make that call? Is it based on performance? Seniority?
Tikitikitiki
Guild Team Lead
Forum Troll

Indoh wrote:
On the other point though, do you consistently have people who are sitting out for raids? If it comes down to who you are choosing to sit, how do you make that call? Is it based on performance? Seniority?

Hai this is Tiki, and I'm the magic dps lead. To answer your question, we bring our best players with the best composition to our "progression" fights. Whether that be Immortal, 3D Sarth, new boss, etc. As a death knight you have a lot of utility in the buffs you bring and the option to be a tank on demand. However, there are other classes that bring the same buffs and that can tank if need be. What I'm trying to say is if you aren't rockin our socks, then you most likely won't be in for bleeding edge content.

Hi Indo, thanks for the interest in Premonition =)

As the GM, I'll answer your questions in regards to how we determine who sits and when. Our raiding roster is pretty small. Each team, tanks, physical DPS, magic DPS and healers only have 1-2 people sitting out, if at all every night. So it's pretty easy to decide who goes in.
Raid composition is first priority. We consider what encounter we're doing and make the best raid composition for that particular encounter - of course on farm content we don't care as much but for progression it's essential to give your raid the best buffs and come as prepared as possible. Secondly, members typically get into progression (or for achievements) before recruits but that's not always the case either, depending on necessary raid makeup. Other than that, we make sure that people don't sit out more than once a week, unless they request to or are allowing fellow members raid time. Our minimum attendance requirements are 4 out of 5 a week (obviously not the case right now since we only raid 2 days for 25 mans) so we try to ensure that everyone is in raids at least 4 out of 5 every week. On farm content we'll also do juggling to ensure loot is not being sharded; this is mostly for things like Naxx where we can switch players easily between wings. For the most part, I think we do a very good job in making sure everyone gets their fair time raiding. Honestly, as in every guild, we have players who are essential to every raid group and they always get into raids.

I would like to talk to you on vent and I can further clarify how we do things to ensure all of our raiding members get as much time in raids as possible. Aredor, the physical team lead will most likely be getting back to you soon, but we could talk on vent today if you have time.

Indoh

I just got home and I should be good the rest of the night. Hook me up with the vent info and we can chat
Aredordh
Guild Team Lead
Awesomest Huntard

Thanks for posting. App is very nice.

As the physical dps team lead I would like to speak with you. I will be on tonight at around 4pm pst. If you are able to jump on then that would be awesome. I completely understand that is in like 45 minutes from now so if you don't get it in time that's completely fine. Just create a toon on Windrunner and get in contact with myself on either Aredor/Aedorian or any of the other officers/leads that any of the guildies can direct you towards and they will get in contact with me.

http://www.theguildpure.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2006

Not a wise choice.

Quinnie
Guild Master
Likes Creamsicles

☆Cuddlylove ☆ wrote:
http://www.theguildpure.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2006

Not a wise choice.

Thanks for the heads up. He had never heard of Pure until I mentioned the guild during our vent interview he had with us. Gotta love it.

Indoh

I app'd to Pure after I decided that Premonition wasn't really going to be a great fit for me.

Also, I really do not understand all that constant butthurt people have about their recruits applying to multiple guilds. Of fucking course the smart thing to do is explore your available options before spending $25 on a game. Right? Guess the term common sense isn't quite so common.

Thanks for the opportunity, but I'm gonna have to pass on you guys. Sorry.
Quinnie
Guild Master
Likes Creamsicles

We don't have a problem with people apping to multiple guilds. But the attitude that you exude in your responses to Pure is what bothers me. Yeah, they're harsh on their apps and that's their prerogative.

Also, you can't pass on something you were never offered. We hadn't extended an invitation to you, remember? Good luck.

Taverasme
Casual
Forum Baby

Quinnie wrote:
We don't have a problem with people apping to multiple guilds. But the attitude that you exude in your responses to Pure is what bothers me. Yeah, they're harsh on their apps and that's their prerogative.

Also, you can't pass on something you were never offered. We hadn't extended an invitation to you, remember? Good luck.

Haha I haven't been able to get in vent yet, but I can appreciate a good burn XD

Indoh wrote:
I app'd to Pure after I decided that Premonition wasn't really going to be a great fit for me.

Also, I really do not understand all that constant butthurt people have about their recruits applying to multiple guilds. Of fucking course the smart thing to do is explore your available options before spending $25 on a game. Right? Guess the term common sense isn't quite so common.

Thanks for the opportunity, but I'm gonna have to pass on you guys. Sorry.

Guess the term loyalty isn't so common either. Thanks for beating me to declining your app.

Hope you are able to find a guild that fits your needs and desires.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum