View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rootcanal
Casual
Forum Troll

re: Interestingly enough

* All 25-player raid bosses have had their cash drops increased!
* All 25- player raid bosses that drop set tokens will now drop an additional token!
* Players will no longer require an attunement quest to enter Hyjal.
* Players will no longer require an attunement quest to enter the Black Temple.
* Players who have completed the attunement quests for Black Temple and Hyjal will be granted the title of “Hand of A’dal”.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/test-realm-patchnotes.html

so uh, welcome to tier 6?

and now: Your moment of Zen

Frostfire Regalia: The resistance bonus from this set now works with the Burning Crusade ranks of Mage Armor.

Satori:
WTF?!?!!@!?
Quinnie
Guild Master
Likes Creamsicles

re: Re: Interestingly enough

Rootcanal wrote:
* All 25-player raid bosses have had their cash drops increased!
* All 25- player raid bosses that drop set tokens will now drop an additional token!
* Players will no longer require an attunement quest to enter Hyjal.
* Players will no longer require an attunement quest to enter the Black Temple.
* Players who have completed the attunement quests for Black Temple and Hyjal will be granted the title of “Hand of A’dal”.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/test-realm-patchnotes.html

so uh, welcome to tier 6?

and now: Your moment of Zen

Frostfire Regalia: The resistance bonus from this set now works with the Burning Crusade ranks of Mage Armor.

Satori:
WTF?!?!!@!?

Yea I'm not fucking happy about this shit. But you better damn well believe we'll see MH/BT - but we're doing it the non-scrub way...... We're killing Kael'thas. gdi

Rootcanal
Casual
Forum Troll

yeah, I wasn't happy about mage tier 3 being buffed a year after the expansion came out either. I did a brief trolling of a couple guild's forums. It looks like very few people are actually happy about this.

While it kinda makes sense for Blizzard to allow people to see more content, TK and SSC were developed to teach the coordination needed to succeed in MH and BT.

Furthermore, oooh pasta!
Huracan
Casual
Forum Baby

I can appreciate earning your way in (old school style). but someone unlocking the door for you, doesn't give free boss kill/free epics.

In this case put me down with the "it was bound to happen eventually, it is not a big deal" crowd.

Raids still have to execute strategies correctly before they collect epics.

Likes Creamsicles

Rootcanal wrote:
yeah, I wasn't happy about mage tier 3 being buffed a year after the expansion came out either. I did a brief trolling of a couple guild's forums. It looks like very few people are actually happy about this.

While it kinda makes sense for Blizzard to allow people to see more content, TK and SSC were developed to teach the coordination needed to succeed in MH and BT.

Furthermore, oooh pasta!

Penne all'arrabiata - this is win - and I can make this.

neuroticon
Casual
Forum Troll

one of the perks to raiding are the the fact that these raid fights are challenging, and it makes most people strive to be better in order to 'beat' these raid contents, and in turn it gives most people that huge sense of satisfaction to see how all their hard work/effort, time and money actually be worth something when they see these 'hard' raid bosses go down.

i for one feel really content and jubilant when i see previously 'invincible' bosses beaten, and doing it with 30, 40 other people who were directly involved with it makes it all the more sweeter, the level of cooperation and teamwork that is needed to do this is huge and its one of reason why WoW is fun.
nerfing these encounters pretty much reduces the sense of accomplishments that we can derive from it, and it sorta ridicules the hard work that we put in to get to where we are only to see that the next patch will make them 'worthless' for anything more than just a tittle.

ok, i get that by working thru TK/SSC and downing bosses, we gain the invaluable experience and also work on coordination and execution, but, as seen from many examples, TK and SSC can be cleared by pugs that gets run through by BT geared/experienced players who make up half the group and oversee most of the planning and strats, etc.

im not saying this is bad, far from it, but, with this, the 'challenge' is taken away and its not as 'fun' anymore. if shit gets handed to us, then why bother playing it? its like using the cheats in single player games to get godmode, type whoisyourdaddy in the warcraft 3 game and you breeze through 'content' and complete the game. easy. but it wouldnt be as fun as trying it out on your own, and thats pretty much what im saying here. if things were too hard, then nihilium nor any other guild wouldnt have been able to kill illidan, or any of the other bosses. make this game too easy, then.... i dont see why i should keep playing this game. might as well play something like hello kitty island adventure or something...

my 2 cents. call it my QQ rant, but i doubt me posting this on a wow forum thread would be viewed by anyone that can effect any change, nor care. just wanted to get it off my chest. im not blaming anyone(other than blizz, but thats another matter...) or anything, just a lil pissy that things gets easier, and its a little unfair in my opinion. but life is unfair, so i guess ill just deal with it and move on

ps: im not saying i dont like wow anymore or anything... . just thought id say something on the topic, :P
Rootcanal
Casual
Forum Troll

on the other hand, it saves guilds that already are in BT/MH the trips to SSK/TK to get members keyed.

I'm trying to see the glass as half full, folks. Happy
Quinnie
Guild Master
Likes Creamsicles

Rootcanal wrote:
on the other hand, it saves guilds that already are in BT/MH the trips to SSK/TK to get members keyed.

I'm trying to see the glass as half full, folks. Happy

More and more I think of it........ since I'm quite certain we'll be one of those guilds very soon and before 2.4 this part of it may just make it OK. I'm trying to stay positive on it. After all, we'll be in Sunwell before many many other guilds. Can't complain there.

Rootcanal
Casual
Forum Troll

the glass isn't half full
the glass isn't half empty

the glass is twice as big as it needs to be
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Premonition Forum Index -> Off topic All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: